The NanoBusiness Commercialization Association has announced their updated program for the 2nd Annual NanoBusiness NYC Conference, which will be held will be held April 6 & 7 at the Marriott Marquis Times Square in New York City. The theme of the 2011 Conference is The Next Decade of Nanotechnology. The NYC Event brings together New York's investment community to analyze the commercialization of nanotechnology products.
Wednesday, April 6, 2011
5:00 - 7:00 p.m. Reception
Thursday, April 7, 2011
7:30 - 8:30 a.m. Registration and Continential Breakfast
8:45 - 9:00 a.m. Opening Remarks: Vincent Caprio, Executive Director, NanoBusiness Commercialization Association
9:00 - 9:30 a.m. Keynote:Josh Wolfe, Founding Partner & Managing Director, Lux Capital
9:30 - 10:00 a.m. Keynote: Ajay Malshe, Co-Founder & Chief Technology Officer, NanoMech LLC
10:00 - 12:00 p.m. Panel: Nanomedicine -- Innovation, Partnership and Investment
- Mostafa Analoui, Phd (Panel Chair), Head of Healthcare and Life Sciences, The Livingston Group
- Doug Jamison, CEO, Harris & Harris Group,Inc.
- Anil Diwan, PhD, Chairman & President, NanoViricides, Inc.
- Edith Mathiowicz, PhD, CEO, Perosphere Biopharmaceutical, Professor, Brown University
- Mortiz Beckmann, PhD, CEO, XinRay
- Joel Friedman, MD, PhD, Professor, Albert Einstein College of Medicine
- Anthony Green, PhD, Ben Franklin Directory of the Nanotechnology Institute
12:00 - 12:30 p.m. Keynote: Scott Livingston, Chairman & CEO, Livingston Securities, LLC
12:30 - 1:15 p.m. Lunch
1:15 - 2:00 p.m. Keynote: John Castellani, CEO, PhRMA
2:00 - 2:30 p.m. Presentation: Jeff Rosedale, PhD, Attorney, Woodcock Washburn
3:00 - 3:30 p.m. Keynote: Doug Jamison, Chairman of the Board, Chief Executive Officer & Managing Director, Harris & Harris Group, Inc.
3:30 - 4:00 p.m. Keynote:
4:00 - 5:00 p.m. Panel: The Commercialization of Nanotechnology -- The Next Decade
- Steve Waite, Partner, Research 2.0, Directory of Strategy, NanoBusiness Commercialization Association
- Phillip Lippel, PhD, Nanotechnology Consultant
- Vincent Caprio, Executive Director, NanoBusiness Commercialization Association
The following companies are publicly traded companies in the nanotechnology community: A123 Systems, Accelrys, Altair Nanotechnologies, Arrowhead Research, elan, FEI Company, Flamel Technologies, Harris & Harris Group, Headwaters, Luna, mPhase, Nanophase Technologies, Nanosphere, NanoViricides, NeoPhotonics, NVE, Veeco Instruments.
5:00 - 6:00 p.m. Reception